About Your Appointment
To schedule an appointment, please call 1-800-342-5748 or 217-545-8000, or request an appointment.
If you're a new patient at SIU Medicine, please arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled time. You will be asked to verify your legal name, address, telephone number, date of birth, social security number, employment and insurance information.
Bring the following to your appointment:
- Photo ID and insurance card including the address of your insurance company.
- Your Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services (IDHFS) Card (formerly the Illinois Department of Public Aid, IDPA), if applicable.
- List of any prescription or over-the-counter medications you are taking, including dose and frequency, if applicable.
- Worker’s compensation information, if applicable.
- Managed care referral, if applicable.
- Referral for service from insurance plan, if applicable.
Additionally, we ask that you bring your medical records, X-rays and laboratory reports, if applicable, to help your health care provider fully evaluate your medical history and conditions.
You will receive a reminder call or text from our automated appointment reminder system two days before your appointment.