About your appointment
Scheduling your appointment
On the day of your appointment
If you're a new patient at SIU Medicine, please arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled time. You will be asked to verify your legal name, address, telephone number, date of birth, social security number, employment and insurance information.
For your safety and to optimize your experience, please bring the following to your appointment:
- Photo ID and insurance card, including the address of your insurance company.
- Your Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services (IDHFS) Card (formerly the Illinois Department of Public Aid, IDPA), if applicable.
- List of any prescription or over-the-counter medications you are taking, including the dose and frequency, if applicable.
- Worker’s compensation information, if applicable.
- DCFS paperwork, if applicable.
- Power of attorney paperwork, if applicable.
- Managed care referral, if applicable.
- Referral for service from your insurance plan, if applicable.
If your insurance provider requests that labs or tests be performed a specific hospital, please inform your health care team during check-in.
Additionally, we ask that you bring your medical records, including immunization records, X-rays and laboratory reports, if applicable, to help your clinician fully evaluate your medical history and conditions.
You will receive a reminder call or text from our automated appointment reminder system two days before your appointment.
Canceling your appointment