SIU Medicine strives to be the leader in quality health care, regardless of the ability to pay. You may qualify for financial assistance, whether or not you are insured. Eligibility is based on household income and family size.
To see if you qualify for financial assistance, follow the steps below:
- fill out SIU Medicine's application for Financial Support Click this link for a Spanish version.
- provide documentation showing income and expenses including tax forms, pay statements, and rent or mortgage information; and
- provide evidence you’ve attempted to obtain government assistance.
The information you provide will be kept confidential, but is necessary for determining your eligibility. If you need help completing the application, please call SIU Medicine’s Patient Business Services at 217-545-4966, or toll free at 888-203-1154.
Once complete, please mail application and supporting documentation to the address below.
Patient Business Services
PO Box 20907
Springfield, IL 62708-0907
After your application is submitted
It takes up to 10 business days after we receive the application to determine eligibility. Once our review is complete, you will be advised of your status via telephone and a follow-up letter. The assistance we offer may include reducing the amount owed for some services or assisting you in applying for Medicaid.
Financial assistance is not provided for:
- Insurance co-payments or deductibles
- Elective procedures
- Purchasing lab tests and/or products, or any services SIU Medicine must pay a third party to acquire
- Failure to pay co-payments in a timely manner