Ramzi Nicolas, MD
Dr Ramzi Nicolas is a professor in clinical pediatrics at SIU School of Medicine, specializing in pediatric and fetal cardiology. He earned his medical degree from the American University of Beirut in Beirut, Lebanon and completed a pediatric residency at the State University of New York in Syracuse, New York. He completed fellowships in pediatric cardiology and pediatric interventional cardiology at St. Louis Children’s Hospital, Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri.
Dr. Nicolas is the Chief of the Division of Pediatric Cardiology and Associate Chair of Pediatric Specialty Care in the SIU Medicine Department of Pediatrics. He also serves as the Medical Director of Pediatric Echocardiology at both HSHS St. John’s Children’s Hospital and Memorial Medical Center. Dr. Nicolas is board certified in pediatrics and pediatric cardiology, and has a special interest in pediatric interventional cardiology.
Education & training
Treatments & procedures
SIU Medicine strongly encourages all patients to verify coverage, benefits and which providers are considered in-network with their health plan. SIU Medicine has more than 300 health care providers ready to serve you and your family. SIU Medicine accepts a wide variety of governmental and non-governmental health plans to serve our community.
- Abraham Lincoln Memorial Hospital, Lincoln IL
- Blessing Hospital, Quincy IL
- Community Memorial Hospital, Staunton, IL
- Decatur Memorial Hospital, Decatur, IL
- HSHS St. Elizabeth's Hospital, Belleville IL
- HSHS St. Francis Hospital, Litchfield IL
- HSHS St. John's Hospital, Springfield, IL
- HSHS St. Mary's Hospital, Decatur, IL
- Lincoln Prairie Behavioral Health Center, Springfield IL
- Memorial Health, Springfield IL
- Memorial Hospital of Carbondale, Carbondale IL
- Passavant Hospital, Jacksonville, IL
- St. Joseph Memorial Hospital, Murphysboro IL