Sangamon County Department of Public Health
SIU Center for Family Medicine at SCDPH covers a variety of work, school and sport physicals as well as health screenings and STD/STI testing and treatment. Rapid STI lab results and treatments are available on site. Family Medicine covers a broad spectrum of care for all ages, all genders, and every kind of disease. Your provider will coordinate your care and serve as your advocate in all health-related matters, and referrals to specialists, as well as consult community resources.
- DCFS Physicals
- Sports Physicals
- Child Physicals (18 months and up)
- Adult Physicals (work and school only)
- Latent TB Infection Treatment
- On-site Rapid STI Testing
- Sexually Transmitted Infection Treatment for Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, TRICH and Syphilis
- PrEP CLINIC (HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis)
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Screening through the IBCCP program
- Partner Services
- BV and Yeast Infection Treatment
- Free Male and Female Condoms & Lubricant
Services include treatment for all STIs, especially primary, secondary, early and latent syphilis. Comprehensive STI testing is available for:
- Hep C
PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) treatment to prevent HIV infection. PrEP is a daily medication that can reduce your chances of getting HIV by over 90%. Anyone who is at risk of encountering HIV, whether through sex or sharing needles, can take PrEP.
These clinics are designed to help our patients manage their health.
- Medication assistance
- PrEP clinic
- HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis
- Sports physicals
- Travel clinic
Our providers can help you in your health care journey. We can treat:
- Adult and geriatric care
- Behavioral and mental health
- Breast and cervical cancer screenings
- Early intervention
- Financial counseling
- Infant and child exams
- Medication Financial Assistance
- Minor surgical procedures
- On-site lab
- Preventive care and immunizations
- Sexually transmitted infection treatment
- Sport physicals
- Women's health
A federally qualified health center
The SIU Center for Family Medicine at SCDPH is designated as a Federally Qualified Health Center or FQHC. We have a governing board composed of patients and community members to help us serve the needs of the people of Springfield and other central and southern Illinois communities that we serve. In addition, our FQHC status enables us to offer special programs for low income and uninsured patients. We offer expert, convenient care to entire families, regardless of their ability to pay. Learn more about our program as well as our financial assistance options.
NCQA’s Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Recognition program is the most widely adopted PCMH evaluation program in the country. The patient-centered medical home is a model of care that puts patients at the forefront of care. PCMHs build better relationships between patients and their clinical care teams.
With access to primary care as well as more than 40 specialty and subspecialty health care services, SIU Medicine provides a complete range of care for you and your family. You can find these specialties at this location.