In the meantime, follow us on Facebook or visit our blog.
About your Appointment
If you are a new patient to SIU Medicine, please plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. You will be asked to verify your legal name, address, telephone number, date of birth, social security number, employment and insurance information.
You will need to bring the following with you to your appointment:
- Photo ID and insurance card including the address of your insurance company
- Your Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services (IDHFS) Card (formerly the Illinois Department of Public Aid, IDPA), if applicable
- List of any prescription or over-the-counter medications you are taking, including how often you take them
- Worker’s compensation information, if applicable
- Managed care referral, if applicable
- Referral for service from insurance plan, if applicable
Additionally, we ask that you bring any applicable medical records, X-rays and laboratory reports to help your physician fully evaluate your medical history and conditions.
You will receive a reminder call from our automated appointment reminder system two days in advance of your appointment.
Canceling Your Appointment
If you cannot keep your scheduled appointment, please let us know by calling 217-545-8000 at least 24 hours in advance of your appointment.