COVID-19 Press Release: March 20, 2020
COVID-19 Update: March 20, 2020
This is a daily joint communication from the Sangamon County Department of Public Health along with Memorial Health System, HSHS St. John’s Hospital, Springfield Clinic and SIU Med-icine updating you on the status of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Sangamon County. This commu-nication will come at approximately 6 p.m. each day as necessary.
At the time of this press release, the total number of confirmed cases between our five organiza-tions is four, including one death. Currently, all of the active cases are no longer hospitalized.
*These numbers indicate current inpatient numbers at hospitals.
|March 20, 2020
|COVID-19 Positive new today
|COVID-19 person(s) under investigation (PUI)
|Memorial Medical Center
|HSHS St. John's Hospital
As COVID-19 cases spike throughout Illinois, the nine Illinois hospitals with HSHS Illinois sys-tem and Memorial Health System will no longer allow visitors – with some exceptions.
- One support person will be allowed per patient in the maternity department. This must be the same person for the duration of the patient’s stay.
- Patients undergoing surgery are permitted one support person over the age of 18.
- Patients undergoing emergency care are permitted one support person over the age of 18.
- Visitors under the age of 18 continue to be prohibited, unless they are the parent of a child receiving care.
- Pediatric inpatients may have one parent or guardian as their support person.
- Patients reporting for outpatient services should ask their support person to wait in the car until the visit is over.
- Exemptions are also permitted for patients on end-of-life care. Please call the appropri-ate hospital for guidance in specific situations.
*The discrepancy between total number and County Health number is created because the hospitals are caring for patients from outside counties and at multiple locations, and because some of the tests are being done by independent labs, rather than by IDPH/County Health.